Tuesday 21 June 2022

Feeling blue? Take a moment to pause.

I have had many moments of feeling desperately black and lonely these past couple of years. Death of my mum, my grandparents, uncles and 3 of my children leaving home. It’s been desperately sad at times. and I have found that for me, one of the best tonics costs less than a pound.. I've always loved watching birds, there's always a little robin around when I'm gardening. I believe there's an old wives tale that states robins represent loved ones who have passed, I always think it's my mum just giving me a little reassuring nod! So, I bought a bird feeder and hung it on a bush directly in front of where I wash the dishes. So many times I’ve felt flat and then a little family of Blue Tits appear pecking at the seeds. Their excitement, nervousness and beauty are honestly a sight to behold. Try it. It will warm your soul. So much more fulfilling than scrolling through other peoples lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment